DConscious of distance
Distance Aware badges and lanyards let others know you need space
Conscious of distance Badges and lanyards are for anyone who prefers others to be very careful around them, for whatever reason.
You might be afraid to mingle with others as we adjust to life with the virus, or you might just feel more comfortable when you have more space.
The Distance Aware program was first developed by the Bevan Commission for Wales. The Scottish Government worked with the Commission to adopt the scheme and adapt it to Scotland.
Get a badge or lanyard
Free at libraries and Asda stores
From 26 January you will be able to get a free Distance Aware badge or lanyard from any library in Scotland. Free badges are also available at most Asda stores.
You can also order a badge or lanyard online. Find a list of charities to order from the Bevan Commission website.
Some of these charities charge a small fee for a badge or lanyard.
Become a Distance Aware Partner
We are asking businesses and organizations to adopt the Distance Aware program to provide reassurance to those wishing to wear the symbol, and to raise awareness of the program and what the symbol means more broadly to staff, members or customers.
You can support Distance Aware by:
- display posters or leaflets in your organization or premises – these can be printed and downloaded below, and can be personalized with your logo
- share campaign information on your social media – sample social media posts and ready-to-use assets are included in our partner toolkit
- encourage your staff or those who support your organization to share the
Share information on your website or through email communications with your audience
- encourage workplace or member discussions about what Distance Aware means and how it can be promoted and understood within your company or organization. Employers and unions can hold discussions with employees or members to get ideas and highlight how staff can get involved in the program
- purchase badges, lanyards or any other item bearing the symbol for your staff, members or customers. You can also customize with your own logo or messages
- speak to staff, members or clients who may benefit from the programme, provide lanyards or badges as appropriate
Download our partner toolkit for more information. This includes social media resources and sample social media articles and posts that you can use to support Distance Aware.