Mission number: 636755
Location: Clayton and Peninsula Campus
Type of employment: Casual – Weekdays, weekends and evenings
Duration: 16 weeks
Remuneration: HEW 3, $37.73 per hour (charged occasional rate)
- Be inspired, everyday
- Work in some of the most technically advanced locations in Australia
- Lead your career in exciting and rewarding directions
Monash University Performing Arts Centers (MPAC) is seeking experienced and enthusiastic technical personnel specializing in lighting, sound, staging, flight, or vision to work at our locations across two campuses – Robert Blackwood Hall and the Ian Potter Center for Performing Arts on Clayton campus and the George Jenkins Theater on the Peninsula campus.
Our technical team members are passionate about creatively delivering highly professional theater and entertainment production services and exceptional customer service to our clients. All positions require a broad knowledge of technical theater and event practice, a calm and professional approach under pressure, the ability to proactively solve problems creatively and are required to assist in safe evacuation sites in case of emergency. All positions involve working at height and significant manual handling.
The events on our sites are varied and take place day and night, weekdays and weekends. We are looking for employees who are flexible in terms of their availability.
• Provide technical operations for productions and events entering MPAC theaters focusing on the installation, operation and storage of lighting, sound, staging or vision with a high level of skill
• Ensure that technical needs for events are provided in a professional, safe and efficient manner
• Contribute to the maintenance, repair and preparation of MPAC equipment
• Play a leading role in the control of emergencies and incidents
• Demonstrated experience delivering events in a performing arts environment
• Demonstrated experience in one of the following areas: lighting, sound, staging/flights or vision operation
• High level of console operation and system engineering in lighting or sound
• Secure installation and troubleshooting of equipment
• Lighting design and operation with conventional, LED and moving lights (ETC preferred)
• Sound mixing (DiGiCo preferred)
• Power Fly system operation (Tait Nomad preferred)
• Audiovisual operation
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of safe work practices and OHS in a performing arts environment
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within teams and across multiple disciplines to ensure work completion
EWP, electrical test and first aid label and certificate
Dogging or basic, intermediate or advanced rigger license
How to register
Applicants should apply with a cover letter and a copy of their latest CV.
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to Apply for Monash Jobs”.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organization. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid work with children check.
Mr. Matthew King, Technical Director, +61 3 9905 1689
Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 11:55 p.m. AEST
At Monash University, the health, safety and well-being of our staff, students and visitors remains our priority. In accordance with Guidelines issued by Victoria’s Director of Healthwe require all staff, students and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in order to travel to our campuses and sites.
For the latest information on COVID-19 at Monash, please visit our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce